Randstad Technologies is seeking an IT Support Engineer for an opportunity in Lenexa, KS. The IT Support Engineer is responsible for first- and/or second-level user system support. Duties include user account management and installing and maintaining PC hardware, PC operating systems, peripheral devices and shrink-wrap software.
location: Lenexa, Kansas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Applies understanding of company's general business functions and systems to determine impact of system changes to the business and vice versa
- Communicates with system users in business terms
- Ensures that work complies with PRA's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), systems development life cycle methodology, policies, standards and procedures
- Handles on-call responsibilities for production systems, requiring working knowledge of hardware, operating systems, and shrink-wrap applications
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software to ensure use of standard configurations among locations
- Coordinates repairs with vendors
- Maintains equipment inventories. Controls inventory movement at the end of equipment lease or warranty
- Provides system administration for the PRA Helpdesk system. Develops and maintains knowledge base information. Provides solutions for reported problems.
- Provides 7x24 system support
- Provides guidance and mentoring in area(s) of technical expertise
- Researches, analyzes and implements patches and upgrades to fix operating system problems or vulnerabilities
- Evaluates new products and services
- Participates in the development and implementation of trouble handling procedures to minimize service outages and ensure appropriate communication to the end users. Works to constantly improve customer service.
- Reads, writes and speaks fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- 4+ years' experience executing in a similar role preferred
- An undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems or related area OR equivalent work experience.
- Work experience in Systems in a business environment may be considered equivalent
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Windows 7/Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Products
- Team player
- Great communicator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.