The software quality assurance analyst will be responsible for all aspects of functional and performance testing for a web based software development project for the client. Manual and automated testing will be performed on the software to be developed. The successful candidate will work with project team staff to define, develop, execute and automate test plans and test cases. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work with a small development team under tight timeframes. The software quality assurance analyst must be comfortable sharing knowledge and generally working to enrich the team's capabilities.
location: Malden, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Specific Duties will include:
- Creating and documenting test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts.
- Executing test cases and documenting test results.
- Developing test cases from use cases as well interviewing power users.
- Developing and running test automation scripts in a web services development environment.
- Testing the application using sound engineering practices and employing solid Source Code Management practices.
- Software black box and white box testing, load testing, and integrated systems testing.
- Daily usage of the following tools: IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), Microsoft Project Server and SharePoint, JAWS, as well as the IBM Rational Performance Tester and Functional Tester.
- Testing of database content and multiple interfaces, include SOA and Web Services.
- May be required to be available for stand by duty and, if necessary, overtime hours to resolve critical system problems and/or perform production system maintenance as well as to respond to emergencies.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a software quality assurance specialist.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- At least 1 year of experience with web services APIs and complex data structures.
- Extensive manual testing experience.
- Testing experience in different web browsers on various operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and a strong testing aptitude. Be able to re-produce reported potential system bugs by end users and create defect items for confirmed bugs in RTC.
- Experience testing databases and knowledge of SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
Project life cycle experience in a structured development methodology.
- Excellent communication & documentation skills.
- Experience working on web applications for public release.
skills: Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be a local resource
- Must be a fast learner or have and demonstrate a strong "can-do" attitude
- Must be self-motivated, taking on ownership of assigned tasks and delivers quality results on time
- Hands-on testing experience with web services and SOA interfaces.
- Experience in testing and evaluating vendor-supplied software.
- Experience dealing with performance bottlenecks and experience with performance analysis.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and development experience would be a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience with COTS testing tools such as Silk, RFT, QTP, Selenium or Loadrunner.
- Experience related to educational standards, curriculum frameworks and teaching applications would be a plus.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven track record working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.