- Provide engineering expertise for Asset Management and Investment applications, proprietary and vendor, including:
- New software development and enhancements to existing applications
- Maintenance, upgrades and other software support activities
- Research new tools and design new techniques
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Engineer data in partnership with data scientists, research analysts and portfolio managers
- Design and develop application components using a variety of technologies which include Java, Python, R, Informatica, HTML, Power BI, Tableau, VBA, Markit EDM, scripting, and others.
- Work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with application engineers, business analysts and business system analysts
- Be available for 24x7 team rotational support for production systems
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance
- Technical experience of 0 - 2 years in an engineering role coding in Java with an established ability to learn multiple of the following:
- Data Engineering experience with tools such as Python, R, or Informatica PowerCenter
- Data Management with SQL Server, DB2 and tools such as Markit EDM
- Vendor package implementations and integrations
- Troubleshooting and core application maintenance
- Use of collaborative techniques in the framework of Scrum to optimize the work of the team
- Track record of learning and growing in unfamiliar technologies
- Interest in Asset Management/Investments including invested asset types and securities markets
- Familiarity with Investment tools, accounting platforms and vendors a plus.
skills: Candidate must enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Professionalism is a must.
Must have good understanding of Investment trade.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.