The Sr Application Engineer, Inv creates and maintains software applications to meet business needs. The work of the Sr Application Engineer, Inv involves the tasks of planning, analysis, design, developing/coding, testing, implementation and maintenance. The Sr Application Engineer, Inv is responsible for building and maintaining large scale or complex application systems, working with business leaders, the operation support staff and other technical experts to integrate with current and future business and technical strategies. The Sr Application Engineer, Inv works in a team environment. 5+ years technical experience.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide engineering expertise for Asset Management and Investment applications, proprietary and vendor, including:
- New software development and enhancements to existing applications
- Maintenance, upgrades and other software support activities
- Research new tools and design new techniques
- Engineer data in partnership with data scientists, research analysts and portfolio managers
- Design and develop application components using a variety of technologies which include Java, Python, R, Informatica, HTML, Power BI, Tableau, VBA, Markit EDM, scripting, and others
- Provide leadership while working collaboratively on a cross-functional team with application engineers, business analysts and business system analysts
- Be available for 24x7 team rotational support for production systems
- Application Engineer, Investments role - Technical experience of 2 - 5 years in an engineering role coding in Java with an established ability to execute on multiple of the below.
- Sr. Application Engineer, Investments role - Technical experience of 5 or more years in an engineering role coding in Java with an established ability to execute on multiple of the below. Experience providing leadership to other engineers within a teaming environment.
- Development experience with tools such as Python, R, or Informatica PowerCenter
- Data Engineering with SQL Server, DB2 and tools such as Markit EDM
- Vendor package implementations and integrations
- Troubleshooting and core application maintenance
- Use of collaborative techniques in the framework of Scrum to optimize the work of the team
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance
- Track record of learning and growing in unfamiliar technologies
- Interest in Asset Management/Investments including invested asset types and securities markets
- Familiarity with Investment tools, accounting platforms and vendors a plus.
skills: Candidate must enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
Professionalism is a must.
Must have good understanding of Investment trade.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.