job summary: Job Description:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4 + years' experience with application development and support work
- Experience working within an application solution delivery life cycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communications skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, managed service providers and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically, analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Proficiency in interacting with end users for diagnosing incidents, detailing defects, and gathering the relevant logs and screen shots
- Participate in 24/7 support on a rotational basis
- Proven experience in applying Human Performance techniques across a broad range of tasks at all levels of risk to ensure successful implementation
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Additional Info :
In Support Role:
- This is a versatile IT Analyst that may perform work related to applications Support, Delivery, or both.
- Workers at this level solve problems, manage work including giving work assignments, and provide leadership to others in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work.
- Monitors production operation of and maintain the availability of assigned applications. Involves reviewing and reacting to daily performance logs and providing 24x7 on call support.
- Responds to production emergencies (application down and logic errors) within the appropriate Service Level Agreement (SLA). Works with Senior level and above on responses for critical and high Incidents, System Disruption Events (SDEs), major events.
- Assists users and answers users questions.
- Troubleshoots issues and implements fixes to assigned solutions. Is able to work effectively with less defined direction requiring greater judgment.
- Communicates appropriate information including downtimes, change management, status, issues, defects, etc. to users, IT management and any other necessary audience.
- Is able to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form. Recognizes appropriate times to provide this communication.
- Works with vendors to implement and/or support (broke-fix, defects, maintenance, patches, upgrades, service packages) applications and solutions. Utilizes waterfall and agile methodologies to develop and maintain applications. Works on projects as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or developers. Provide knowledge and expertise gained from past experience.
- Coordinates routine maintenance for emergency patches, service packs and upgrades (software) for assigned application/project.
- Involves working with operations/DBAs. Updates documentation of Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping (ADDM), Einstein, etc.
- Utilizes appropriate Human Performance tools effectively in the course of activities, especially testing and implementation activities.
- Works with Senior level and above to provide recommendations and assist in decision making on their assigned systems.
- Researches and analyzes new technology.
- Designs small modifications for solutions based on defined requirements. Programs in required programming languages, database SQL, report writing, ETL, Assists with testing and migrating code through test regions.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding and source control standards. Leads specific design and code walk-thru as a presenter or reviewer.
- Processes Change Requests and Quality Assurance (QA) documentation for project implementations and support changes.
qualifications: Required Technical Skills:
Additional Info : Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years' experience with C# development
- .Net Core
- SQL Server database efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to degree: 3-5 years as an IT Application Analyst or equivalent.
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Four years coding/programming, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, logical design, SQL coding, Business Requirements analysis, vendor management, root cause analysis.
skills: Desired Technical Skills
Additional Info : Preferred Qualifications:
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- CA Workload experience for ESP Jobs
- BMC's Remedy Incident Management
- Expert coding skills in 1 or more standard languages.
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
- Understand and lead others in use of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effective communication skills. Experience with schema/database design, Enterprise Standards and Process Adherence.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.