The Temps will be involved in a release efficiency rotation which will cover day to day operations on two critical Play release trains (Play Store App and Server binaries) as well as work on maintaining our core integration tests and automating manual tests.
For release sheppard duties the individuals will be responsible for triage and follow-up to get releases unblocked and ready to ship
For Build Cop the individuals will help track down and fix test breakages as well as helping with efforts on automating manual tests
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Release Sheppard: Driving and unlocking releases
- Build Cop: Follow-up on build breakage / test failures that are blocking releases
- Build Cop: Monitor critical TAP targets, automated release tests.
- Build Cop: Triage and fix test failures
- Test automation of manual release tests, server-side, and client+server tests
- Weekly goldens data swaps
- Release Sheppard: Drive triage and initial debugging / routing for release blocking issues
- Release Sheppard: Follow-up and closure on release blocking issues to ensure the release is ready to go
- Release Sheppard: Potential management of some release push stages and cherry pick management
qualifications: Required Skills:
- BA/BS Degree in computer science / engineering or related field.
- Experience with triage and debugging of client and server issues
- Strong ability to automate manual testing
- 4-5 years experience in SW Development (SDLC)
- 4-5 years experience in Java Programming
- 4-5 years experience in Software Debugging (Q&A) - Automated Test Implementation and Debugging
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Attention to detail and effective multitasking
skills: Nice to have Skills (not required):
- Experience with Android App Releases
- Experience with scaled services releases
- Prior experience with Google tech (google3, rapid, TAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.