Looking for Help Desk to assist with installation new PCs, software upgrades and troubleshooting.
location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Installs new PCs with necessary software for the users or upgrades existing computers and/or software.
- Provides ongoing support to the user community both on-site and remote i.e., troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Interacts with vendors on the subject of computer equipment for service and repair and tracks status of equipment being serviced.
- Works in conjunction with other areas to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Handles set-up and disconnect of IT equipment for intra-office moves
- Provides basic systems training to new users
- Ensures confidentiality and data integrity at all times while working on systems.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Work requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents used in combination. Frequently, the application of multiple, technical activities are employed; thus, analytic ability and inductive thinking are required.
- Must be professional and reliable, have the ability to pick up quick and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills a must
- Ability to lift, carry, move computer equipment (i.e., monitors, printers, CPU's etc) on a daily basis, at times requires walking, reaching, bending and crawling into tight spaces.
- Prior Tech Support experience a must
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.