job summary: Job Description: Front End Developer
- The Front End Developer (FED) uses front end web technologies to build user interfaces. The FED has a deep understanding of design and development best practices and a strong design sense.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Create and maintain web applications from the scratch using front end web technologies.
- Provide design and technical feedback on designs and participate in UX team design sessions.
- Work closely with UX Designer and IT partners to execute designs.
- Serve as a technical resource for other web team members.
qualifications: Required Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in a front end development role.
- Expert in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with React/Vue libraries and/or Angular framework.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, GraphQL a plus.
- Experience with SASS or other CSS preprocessors.
- Experience with mobile-first development.
- Experience with Git. Comfort with basic to intermediate command line actions.
- Experience with command-line build tools - Webpack, Gulp, Grunt.
- Deep understanding of web standards, browser compatibility issues, web performance optimization and front end development best practices.
- Strong design sense. Understands how to create user friendly and aesthetically pleasing UI.
- Understand the importance of, and experience with, web accessibility and ADA compliance.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and able provide constructive feedback to others.
- Ability to collaborate with the UX Design team and provide insightful design and UX insights.
skills: Desired Qualifications
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with static site generators - Gatsby, Next.js, Nuxt.js.
- Experience working with design systems.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.