Sr. Application Developer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Application Developer for the Houston, TX area.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work directly with end users to drive our requirements and delivery value add features
- Participate in full development life cycle from definition to design to delivery
- Work directly with end users to drive clients requirements and deliver value add features.
- Meet aggressive deadlines with focus on quality and performance
- Collaboration with global team including participation in daily scrum meetings, peer reviews and design sessions
- Deliver testable and maintainable code for globally distributed systems
- 8+ years' experience working with C# and related .NET technologies within global enterprise solutions
- Proven track record of designing high volume data solutions utilizing caching and distribution technologies
- Expertise in front end development including web (React), win form and mobile variants
- Awareness of continuous integration and delivery concepts/technologies
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to interact with stakeholders to progress design and satisfy requests
- Exposure to architectures utilizing cloud components for storage and computation a plus
- Experience working in an agile scrum development model
- Understanding of commodities trading concepts including market data is desired
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused "make it work" mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.