job summary: Summary
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related tspecial initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers tcoordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 57 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- 7 - 10 years. Develops, enhances, tests, supports, maintains and debugs software applications that support business units or support functions. A senior member of the technical team responsible for assisting senior business leaders and management. May provide strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements trecommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage tthe organization.
- Leads or has responsibility for estimation of effort for software application for one or more programmers. Coordinates collaboration with external programming teams tdeliver software on time and within budget. Provides feedback and technical guidance tproject managers on issues of critical importance tachieving business objectives. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers
qualifications: Required Skills
- Bachelors or Master?s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of strong application programming experience using J2EE
- Experience developing applications with Spring Framework
- 2+ years of experience building SOAP and RESTful web services
- Good experience with build management tools like maven, Ant, Gradle
- Good experience with one of the version contrtools Peforce,Git,SVN
- Experience with Websphere
- Good Understanding of Core Java/J2EE Design Patterns
- Good analytical skills tbreak down requirements, solve complex problems
skills: Desired Skills
- Experience working on high volume web applications
- Experience in MVC frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience in modern JVM languages like groovy, scala
- Experience in performance tuning of J2EE applications with good understanding of JVM internals
- Experience unix shell commands
- Experience with splunk queries
- Experience working in agile teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.