Sr. IT Agile Coach
Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Sr. IT Agile Coach
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Job Summary:
- Sr. IT The Senior IT Agile Coach will oversee coaching and training Agile best practices through the Agile Manifesto and Agile
- Principles. The Sr. IT Agile Coach will act as a subject matter expert, overseeing lower level Agile Coach resources,
- participating in interviews for open positions on the team with their recommendations being heavily weighted. The Senior IT
- Agile Coach will evaluate and make recommendations on tools and support the updating of Agile standards and process
- Coach Agile teams in release & sprint planning, retrospectives, and backlog management. Ensure team understands proper
- backlog management and guide teams in determining suitable commitments for product backlog items and sprints. Assists the
- team in tracking and communicating team progress and metrics. Support a positive and easy communication channel (team,
- product owner, stakeholders). Address team dynamics, assist the team in resolving conflict and resource constraints. Foster a
- culture of collaboration, creativity and innovation. May support multiple scrum teams/domains.
Essential Functions: The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Build and coach high performing Agile teams
- Look for ways to strengthen team's understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the project goals / vision
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Bring transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
- Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
- Maintain project data in the Rally tool ensuring updates are both accurate and timely
- Identify trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Lead by example: Do not shy away of any tasks that could help the team. Lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Lead a team in design, implementation, testing and validation of programming code and products.
- Document and communicate expectations, resolutions and product information.
- Set schedules, facilitate discussions and resolve problems.
- Guide and shape team-oriented behaviors and interactions.
- Required work experience: 6+ years related work experience
- Required certifications: CSM certification required
- Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum teams
- Experience working in Agile software development settings and teams
- Required Management experience: No supervisory/management experience required
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field
skills: Additional Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Agile methodology disciplines.
- Advanced understanding of and SDLC disciplines
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Broad knowledge of IT functions.
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.