Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team for a 6 month contract-to-hire opportunity! If you have this experience and are ready to work for a great employer, apply today! The roles requires a good understanding of VMware, Windows systems and networking and is ready to add another quality team member! We are here to help find your next job opportunity!
location: Rocklin, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Administration of servers, network, and telephony systems (Fuze) to ensure availability of network resources/services to authorized users - Server administration including VMWare and Hyper-V host setup, maintenance, monitoring and tuning systems for optimum performance - Assist network engineers in monitoring network switches and routers, data analysis and recommend solutions on network connectivity issues - Creates and maintains documentation, including runbooks, ensuring accurate reflection of current state of APM infrastructure and environment - Responsibilities can include assisting engineers with O365, OKTA Single Sign-on (SSO) and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) - Install, configure and maintain storage hardware backup inclusive of physical plus virtual tape libraries or drives along with disk storage targets - Perform activities related to install, configure and mange SAN devices and fiber switches - Manage Commvault snapshots as well as recovery methods for storage volumes - Responsibilities include ensuring production and development systems are being backed up successfully daily as well as per established schedule - Execute site replication of significant DR data - Conduct storage analysis, capacity planning and performance planning of storage components - Coordination with network and business application administrators, desktop support, project management and database administrators to ensure reliability, availability and stability of server farm and network resources - Perform firmware and hardware upgrades across multiple environments when necessary - Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members - Response to datacenter outages during and after hours as directed by management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- VMWARE (1 year of experience is required)
- Windows (3 years of experience is required)
- SINGLE SIGN ON (1 year of experience is preferred)
- LAN (3 years of experience is required)
- WAN (3 years of experience is required)
- Commvault (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.