Sr. UI Java Angular Front End Engineer
Looking for a talented UI / Front End Engineer to work closely with Product, UX and other Engineering team members, as part of a distributed Product team. We want someone who is seeking the opportunity to have a big impact and who relishes the challenge of working in a fast-paced global company in the Financial sector utilizing Agile Delivery and DevOps.
This person will solve problems with technology within an industry they may not be familiar with, generate breakthrough ideas, prototype and deliver working software quickly to enable testing and short-cycle innovation. You will be in an environment that fosters cross-functional collaboration as well as working with all roles of the scrum team (Product Manager, Software Engineer, UX, QA, etc.) and will need to bring a strong understanding of Agile/Scrum development methodologies. We follow the squad model made famous by Spotify, so you'll be part of an autonomous team with full responsibility for your own area and an opportunity to look to implement change across the board, while collaborating with colleagues in Denver, Minneapolis, and New York City to ensure fast and consistent delivery.
This role will offer an opportunity to innovate in a highly complex space. You'll be challenged intellectually and professionally, and it will suit someone with a lot of curiosity and a passion for building great products.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
We are looking for talented engineers to join the distributed team, working on front end development. This team will have many opportunities to learn new technology and innovate on the products. The immediate need is for someone to:
- Frontend tech lead and mentor other engineers on frontend development
- Collaborate with both technical, business, and UX team members to understand customers, create requirements, and develop solutions using an agile development process
- Hands-on development - deliver a highly scalable and flexible application to be iterated on with our reference customers
- Follow and improve best practices within the stack and move the code toward a modular UI distributed across multiple applications
- Collaborate with other agile teams that are responsible for pieces of the platform and applications
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency in modern MV*(MVC, MVVM, etc..) framework(s) e.g. Angular 5, 6 or 7, Backbonejs, ExtJS, etc.
- Proficiency with UI testing using third party tools e.g. cucumber/capybara, karma, mocha or jasmine, etc.
- Experience with Single Page Applications (SPAs)
- Ability to write code that can support modular/scalable UI architecture
- Familiar with modern CSS libraries or view libraries e.g. Bootstrap, Angular Material, etc.
- Familiar with UI build tools e.g. gulp, grunt etc.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Familiar with ES2015 (ES6), TypeScript, etc.
- Solid understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, etc.)
- Responsive and/or web mobile design
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Experience as part of a development team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to make decisions and execute at speed
skills: To be successful in this role you must be a leader, quick learner, very familiar with agile practices and software development, and enjoy working in cross functional teams.
- Familiar with RESTful API design and microservice architectures
- Backend development experience
- Experience of working within the squad model, and internal open source development
- Exposure in using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) /SpringBoot with a NoSQL DB like MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc.
- Product development or large-scale web app development experience with daily deploys
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, high energy
- A passion for quality
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience training and mentoring team members
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.