Sr. Architect - Marketing, Direct & Digital
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world? Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape? Are you able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: A Successful Person In This Role Will
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture.
- Stay informed on and lead initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Provide tools that enable development teams to rapidly build and deploy software that is consistent with the broader architectural vision.
- Lead initiatives to identify and assess broad organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Promote the company's technology brand through creative thinking, and constantly raising the bar of what's possible. Present at major technology conferences regularly.
- Find opportunities to scale the organization by breaking down technology and business barriers.
- Understand, advocate and improve upon technology strategy, frameworks, standards, and best practices across the enterprise.
- Mentor associate engineers and executive leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
qualifications: Who Is An Ideal Fit
- You have a track record of crafting massively scalable, always-on, multi-region systems.
- You are able to show a history of incrementally transitioning legacy systems into modern, evolutionary architectures.
- You are well-versed in numerous messaging platforms, protocols, and techniques such as Kafka, ZeroMQ, MQTT, AMQP, gRPC, and event sourcing.
- You understand the consequences of massively concurrent systems, and how to mitigate potential issues.
- You have deep knowledge of how to secure complex systems and infrastructure against different attack vectors. You have lead threat modeling exercises, and helped craft remediation plans.
- You have been a decision maker in build vs buy scenarios, and how to break down the pros and cons both.
- You've created systems spanning a variety of modern architectural paradigms such as RESTful APIs and event collaboration.
- You have ±15 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality software
- You have utilized one or more cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- You have proven expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, from Oracle and DB2 to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and Elasticsearch, and can explain their varied use cases.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.