The System Engineer is responsible for working with 's largest customers to deliver technical services that support their unique IT requirements, while serving as a trusted advisor to these customers and will work in a geographically diverse team environment, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services, in coordination with both internal and third-party technical resources. The Systems Engineer will work at the direction of the Director of SCC Engineering, supporting the unique requirements for customers. The right person will have a strong infrastructure engineering and administration background with an emphasis in Platforms (Virtualization, Windows & Linux OS, and automation), Networking (Router, Firewall, Switch and Load Balancer technologies), or Storage (Storage Architecture, Capacity Management, Change and Configuration Management). This position acts as an escalation point for support requests that exceed the boundaries of standard support teams and provides guidance to operations personnel in the planning and execution of customer projects that are within 's scope of services.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Delivery and Implementation Support
- Develop and provide technical review of proposed design and architectural solutions.
- Assess platform alignment to customer business goals/outcomes.
- Assist in development of collaborative plan for mutual success of customer and .
- Assist with installation and configuration of services.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation to ensure others can successfully support customer infrastructures.
- Document requirements and create project plans for peer review. Correct to "project"
- Engage additional or partner resources as necessary.
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of product and service offerings.
- Participate in team cross-training, knowledge transfer and best practice dissemination.
- Serve as an escalation point for technical problems in a support setting
- Work in a team environment with issues escalated by Service Support or other groups within .
- Proactively manage customer issues and communications while working toward resolution.
- Develop MOPs, Methods of Procedures, for repeatable and complex, customer service requests.
- Participate in rotating on-call responsibilities for customer support requests.
- Trusted Advisor:
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the solutions and technologies that support the customer's current and future environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate to both the technical and management teams in an effective manner.
- Provide thought leadership to customer in technology and technical solutions.
- Demonstrate a desire to understand the customer's business and meet the customer's needs as a primary focus.
- Demonstrate being trustworthy by being credible and reliable.
- Continuous Business Review (CBR) support:
- Participate in customer CBR's to provide current state analysis, and future state recommendations of customer technical environment.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline with 5 years equivalent IT experience
- Very strong customer service skills, extremely high attention to detail, aggressive trouble-shooting skills, and strong decision-making is critical to this position
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in one or more of the following technical areas:
- supporting and automating cloud-based IT environments (e.g. - VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, AWS or AZURE)
- Storage technologies
- Managing multisite network technologies
- Industry certifications in above areas are preferred.
- Experience in a service provider, consulting or professional services environment are preferred
- Project management experience a plus.
- ITIL Certification a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.