job summary: Position Description Overview:
- We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.'
- We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
- The UX team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design.
- We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
- As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products.
- We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 47 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
responsibilities: Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Setting up user studies, mainly preparing test materials, recruiting participants, and tracking equipment
- Executing user studies, mainly collecting data, storing data, annotating video/audio, and taking notes on user feedback/behavior
- Completing user studies, mainly working with study datasets, performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, and preparing reports on findings and recommendations.
Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
skills: Skill/Experience/Education Mandatory
- Master's in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
- 1-3 years of experience and comfort with statistical methods and experimental design is required.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative user research & analysis methods.
- Technical aptitude, strong working ability with large datasets and statistical software packages
- Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.