The Data Governance Analyst provides day to day expertise in defining the data we need to operate. As part of the Enterprise Data & Analytics Team, the Data Governance Analyst will have the opportunity to implement Data Governance processes and best practices based on the Enterprise Data and Analytics strategy and Data Governance outcomes. This role reports into the Associate Director, Enterprise Data and Analytics.
The Data Governance Analyst will use our Data Governance Platform (Collibra), data analytics, Information Architecture strategy, frameworks, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to partner with the organization's lines of business to rationalize data needs that are critical to our data transformation.
The ideal candidate is outcome-focused and has a collaborative style that fosters teamwork. They will be required to work across multiple groups and initiatives.
location: Fort Worth, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Facilitate a business-driven approach to Data Governance by collaborating with business stakeholders to develop an understanding of their critical data elements, reports, and KPIs;
- Guide a technology-driven approach to Data Governance by defining the technical assets that support the data defined by our data owners;
- Assess data quality baselines and manage a data quality action plan to remediate issues with our critical data elements;
- Leverage data analytics to identify critical data elements and data quality opportunities;
- Accelerate the adoption of our Data Governance Platform (Collibra) by implementing workflows and assigning ownership to business and data assets;
- Fostering stewardship of data in our business and technology teams;
- Partner with Information Technology and business unit groups to provide access to governed data for decision-making, processing and technology projects;
- Implement methods to report on the progress of the Data Governance program and the improvements made to data quality.
qualifications: Preferred Qualifications
- Financial services industry experience or other highly regulated industry experience a plus
- Certifications related to Data Governance a plus
- Experience with Data Governance and Quality tools (e.g. Collibra, Informatica) a plus
- Experience in data visualizations and dashboards
- Applied experience in Agile, SAFe, Scrum or Lean Six Sigma
- Applied experience in managing End User Computing (EUC) Applications
- Strong understanding in metadata management and data quality methodology
- Familiarity with Data Governance best practices and regulatory implications (i.e. GDPR, CCPA)
skills: What skills/qualifications do you need?
In addition, you'll need these:
- BA required; MBA or MS or equivalent a plus.
- 2 - 5+ years of applied experience in Data Governance or comparable positions that handle data definitions, requirements gathering and fostering business partner relationships
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions
- Ability to be a self-starter and take initiative to achieve tangible results from a conceptual strategy
- Strong data analysis skills and knowledge of Data Governance and Data Quality
- Proficiency in SQL with knowledge of T-SQL and PL/SQL
- Applied experience documenting business definitions of technical assets and how data is organized within an organization
- Applied experience transforming manual processes to industry standards
- Strong understanding of methods to document data mapping and data lineage
- Strong understanding of data management practices and data governance process
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.