job summary: Job Description:
Note: candidates must be able to convert FTE and only submit candidates that are local or not too far away.
- The ".NET / C# Application Analyst / Developer" [Application Analyst] is responsible for the ongoing application support, maintenance, and continuing development of a set of custom Microsoft .NET based mission critical applications.
- The Application Analyst works as a member of an Agile cross-functional Team.
- The role includes responsibilities for full application life-cycle activities including but not limited to requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment management, change management, and application support.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Participate in a wide range of ongoing enterprise application support activities including scheduled on-call duties associated with maintaining application health.
- Participate in application life-cycle sustainability planning including working with both end-users, customers, and IT Operations to evolve and maintain applications at a high level of quality.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather and document business and technical requirements for evolving capabilities of existing applications
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement enhancements to existing applications and, or, build extensions to existing applications
- Participate in application design activities
- Change, develop, and build software enhancements that improve the capabilities of existing applications using Microsoft centric development skills, languages, and tools
- Participate in developing changes to enterprise application integrations including work with ETL, Scheduled Job, and Service Oriented Architecture integration solutions
- Analyze and identify application defects. Preform "debugging" activities to identify software flaws with an emphasis on improving application quality and performance
- Participate in application test planning and software unit testing
- Participate in application code deployment planning and execution including support for change management activities
- Participate in Development Operations activities including application life cycle automation solutions
- Participate in supporting infrastructure sustainability activities including activities associated with hardware and software upgrades
- Participate in report testing and debugging activities
- Transition developed reports and dashboards to the Operations & Support team
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Assist internal customers with answers to application operations and functionality
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of ad hoc reports
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience developing, implementing, and supporting enterprise software solutions including background and demonstrated familiarity and experience in the following areas:
- Ability to work in both a development and support role including limited responsibilities for On-Call support.
- Microsoft .NET Framework, C# and, VB.NET development & support experience
- Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server database solution development & support experience
- Strong Database Analysis and SQL Scripting skills
- SOAP, and REST based enterprise integration services development & support experience
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in application environments that includes internal, external and customer teams
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to create design and technical solution documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
skills: Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with Informatica and SSIS ETL solution development & support
- Background with enterprise automated process scheduling solutions like CA Workload Automation, etc.
- Valuable, but not required Power BI and SSRS Report development & support
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable.
- Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered
- Certifications Required: Appreciated, but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.