job summary: We are hiring a Data Governance Process Manager for a one year plus contract opportunity in the San Antonio Texas metro area This individual will:
- Interview various employees (including executives) and gather current data governance practices
- Review existing data governance, data privacy and information security policies and make recommendations on how to ensure such policies are operationalized
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 62.36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Day to day responsibilities will include things such as:
- Document current data governance practices
- Write policies, procedures, standards in support of data governance program
- Developing actionable data standards
- Create and maintain common data dictionaries and the tools or methods that support data standards for an organization
- Coordinate with key data owners and enterprise executives to define criteria for determining critical data elements
- Develop presentations, roadmaps and other items for presentation to executives, data stewards, employees on the importance of data governance and the means to operationalize it.
qualifications: Key Qualifications for this role:
The right individual will have Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to interact with internal stakeholders, and also excellent presentation skills
- Expertise in Data Management and Governance principles,
- Familiarity and experience in managing and executing on data governance frameworks
- Technical writing skills to support the drafting of policies, procedures and standards
skills: Additionally, will need to:
- Have a strong ability to translate desired intent into actionable procedures or policies.Strong background and knowledge of data quality, data profiling, and metadata management
- Demonstrates an understanding of data governance practices and tools
- Sound judgment, planning, project management and organization skills.
- Change agent mentality and ability to influence outcomes in a complex organizational environment.
- 5+ years of experience in working with how data is described and organized with business analysis and/or data quality methodology is applied.
- BA/BS (data orientation preferred); MBA a perk but not mandatory for consideration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.