Sr. QA Specialist
Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Sr. QA Specialist
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
IT Testing Specialists creates test deliverables (for example, strategies, plans and test cases) and performs hands-on testing for internally developed or external purchased products. Types of testing may include system, integration, regression and end-to-end testing. IT Testing Specialists deploy or execute job streams for creating test beds as appropriate, design test scenarios, author test scripts, execute tests and track defects to certify that applications meet the approved system requirements. IT Testing Specialists collaborate with other IT staff as appropriate, to review and understand system requirements and design, review test strategy and design, identify resolution for defects identified during testing, and also to analyze and make specific recommendations on usability/functionality improvements that can be integrated into business processes.
- Creates a test approach, identifying scope of testing with risk based approach for each feature or scope of work in a project effort identifying test environments, dependencies, constraints, prioritizing test cases and scheduling time for the testing.
- Responsible for ensuring end to end testing methodology including all appropriate documentation and requirements.
- Identifies tests that are good candidates for automation. Identifies approaches for risk based testing for each feature or scope of work in a project effort and prioritizes test execution in order to test high risk/high impact scenarios first.
- Sets up software and hardware in the test lab, per specs.
- Ensures test results are accurate, thorough and appropriately documented.· Communicates results and coordinates logistics to the Systems Analysts, Development teams.
- 5 years QA experience
- Automation and manual testing
- SQL knowledge
- HP Quality Center/ALM
- Working experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Visio is a nice to have)
- Experience writing queries (Oracle DB2 and Hive)
- Leadership skills
- Good verbal/ writing communication
- Automation Testing
- Manual Testing
- MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.