job summary: Summary:
- DevOps role supporting nextGen Data Platform built around Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Impala, Hbase, Ansible and many more). DevOps Analyst is involved in the full life cycle of an application and part of an agile development process.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- They require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with clients, development teams, vendors and other partners. The following section is intended to serve as a general guideline for each relative dimension of project complexity, responsibility and education/experience within this role.
- Works on complex, major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Team member will be expected to provide expertise (or ability to self-learn) to build frameworks (APIs, Java, Scala, Scripting) which can be used for Application Configurations (e.g. Cloudera Admin related tasks flume setup, Oozie scheduling), deployment orchestration, State-of-World Monitoring & Metric solutions.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
- He / She will be responsible for supporting Pre-Prod and Prod environments which includes deployments, monitoring and resolution, disaster recovery, incident / problem management.
- Serves as a liaison between client partners and vendors in coordination with project managers to provide technical solutions that address user needs
- Strong technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Java, Python, Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure.
- Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling Systems
- Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation / devops tools Ansible, Jenkins, SVN, Bitbucket
skills: Desired Job Skills
- Experience working on Big Data Technologies Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Impala, Hive, Hbase etc.
- Knowledge with Cloudera Big Data stack
- Cloudera / Hadoop Admin / Dev Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.