job summary: We are seeking a Data Engineer to build and design data structures on MPP platform like Hadoop to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability. This is a one year plus contract opportunity in San Antonio, Texas.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $68.00 - 72.41 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: For a Large enterprise organization you will:
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems.
- Build machine learning models as needed.
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data engineering design standards.
- Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency.
qualifications: You will need:
- In-depth understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as Oracle/PostgreSQL/Hadoop
- Experience developing Big Data/Hadoop applications using python, Spark, Hive, Nifi, Kafka, and Map Reduce is essential.
- Experience in building machine learning models is a huge plus
- Programming experience in building high quality software in Python preferred
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs,
- Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs
- Experience with or advance courses on data science and machine learning is ideal
- You will demonstrate excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Self-driven, highly motivated and ability to learn quick
skills: Technical/Functional Skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- 4+ years of database development experience with relational databases such as Oracle/MS SQL/PostgreSQL
- 1 year plus experience building machine learning models
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.