Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Principal Java Developer
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville or 100% remote for the right candidate. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for documentation of the system, conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products.
- Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Lead development efforts, oversee work results, providing informal training and serve as a technical resource for other Developers.
- Write code for the most complex system designs and provides consultative guidance on project with extensive size, scope and risk. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Develops microservices and has extensive experience using GitLab, Jenkins, PM2, Clustering, other tools and technologies for developing a scalable application.
- Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Review code developed by other Developers
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers.
- Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers
- "Scope" time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Able to debug most program errors.
Candidate should possess 7-10 years overall development experience with minimum of 7 years Java Development.
Experience with large implementations, server-side concepts and more
- ReactJS, Redux, D3 and NodeJS
- Peer code review
- GitLab, Jenkins, PM2, Clustering, other tools and technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.