Are you looking for development beyond the ordinary? A place full of interesting challenges and the engineers up to solving them? Then welcome to Financial Engineering. This is the place where the models become software, where many of the numbers that drive our business decisions are produced.
Randstad is currently seeking a Financial Engineering Dev Senior who will provide technical expertise. This person will have expert technical hands on background, an analytical mindset and be passionate about their work!
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories: Design
- Design and Implement high quality credit/economic model application frameworks and use those frameworks to build end to end applications.
- Actively investigating to improve quality of solution either new or existing. Regarding customer satisfaction as a high priority.
- Ability to evaluate and propose new relevant technologies.
Keys to Success in this Role
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience.
- At least 8 - 12 Years of end-to-end software development experience.
- Practical experience with Testing, Continuous Integration and good exposure to technology stack for DevOps.
- Ability to demonstrate expert programming skills in Java, preferably 1.8, and related application development stack.
- Exhibit solid understanding and practical experience of latest web technologies.
- Experience with building near real time web applications.
- Good team player and individual contributor.
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess
- Design and Implement high quality credit/economic model application frameworks and use those frameworks to build end to end applications. Actively investigate to improve quality of solution either new or existing. Regarding customer satisfaction as a high priority. Ability to evaluate and propose new relevant technologies. Hands-on day to day senior developer role i.e. mostly writing code and development related activities.
- Leadership - Execute upon a clear vision and goals; good communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- Partnership - Build trust and strong partnerships within the team; good team player
- Drive for Execution - Execute effectively with a clear direction and objective, good ownership
skills: Preferred Skills
- Exposure to Python, R, Hadoop, Spark or similar technologies a plus.
- Exposure to Grid Computing/Big Data or similar technologies a plus.
- Exposure to AWS or similar cloud technologies a plus.
- Understanding of fixed income finance specifically loan(mortgage) level cashflows and corresponding accounting treatments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.