job summary: Job Description: IT Development and Administration
Client Cincinnati OH office is seeking a Power Engineer in support of ongoing and emerging work across the Enterprise network.
The work involves new system deployments and system upgrades. Note:
- Travel could also be required outside the service territory.
- Work at Energy Control and Nuclear facilities could be required.
location: Cincinnati, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will design Power Solution to address Client business needs including the planning, designing, implementing, testing and documentation of the communication systems & network components. This candidate will develop support processes to better enable 1st and 2nd level support teams to handle support issues along with providing 3rd level advanced support as needed. The successful candidate will be able to
- Work independently with little direct supervision.
- Prepare engineering job packages (EJPs) consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, logical installation instructions in relation to individual RF field work and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, shelf layouts, etc.).
- Ensure cost effective system designs meet business needs with reliable and efficient service.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates, economic studies, and Work Orders for planned installations where required.
- Work effectively with other team members providing coordination leadership to successfully implement projects as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with current telecommunications technology and available facilities.
- Provide technical assistance to NOC, Installation, and Maintenance personnel.
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering OR 5 years of prior equivalent work-related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work well within a team, either as a lead or peer member.
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code
- Experience with 240/120 AC power systems
- Experience with -48VDC power systems
- Experience with backup generating systems
- Familiarity with Grounding Standards for communications shelters and towers
- Basic MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Sharepoint
skills: Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Remedy tools and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with the Corporate Documentation System (Fusion).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.