Network Project Manager
Our network transformation will be critical for all our future connectivity businesses including new products such as IoT, 5G, and future smart cities. As part of this network transformation, you will help build one network engineered for growth for all lines of business.
location: Salt Lake City, Utah
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for managing all activities associated with expanding and maintaining network infrastructure.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability - within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of project management principles within job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) - Comprehensive knowledge and skill for applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Google Earth and 3GIS.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases.
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN- GPON network is a plus.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills - capable of interacting with customers and coworkers at most levels including executives.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking.
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues.
skills: Network Project Manager
Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Google Earth and 3GIS
Fiber Optic cable design for an ODN- GPON network is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.