Ranstad is looking for a Service Delivery Manager to join their team in Chicago, IL.
Travel between primary client office locations (Chicago and Beloit) and remote operations center (Frisco) is required. Description
The Service Delivery Manager's (SDM) primary focus it to lead the operations center team performing a managed services for Randstads client. Our operations service maintains and alerts on the health of the production environment at a Chicago based building supplies distributor.
The SDM will primarily work on-site with our customers in their Chicago area offices and will lead a remote 24x7 operations center team located in Frisco, Texas. Services will be performed in a manner consistent with the ITIL framework. The SDM will manage and monitor all Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and contractual obligations to ensure the Service levels outlined in the Scope of Services are meet. Key client liaison, acting as the single point of contact for the customer and Randstad Technologies on related operational issues.
Manages and provides tactical and strategic guidance to the Randstad Technologies Service Operation Team and ensures service levels are defined, managed and are met and are informed of any changes which would potentially impact customer support. Makes certain the team utilizes the appropriate tools and processes in order to provide world-class customer service. This includes assuring high quality and accurate customer service, job standards and efficiency of those under direct supervision. Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous service improvements to drive profitability and higher service levels.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key aspects of the service and SDM responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of jobs and events in production
- Diagnosing production issues and performing approved resolutions
- Escalation of alerts and issues per defined processes
- Developing procedures for staff to follow such as knowledge base articles
- Hiring, training and onboarding staff
- Additional services include server and network device patching and support and application patching and release management
Human Resources Management
- Management of the IT Service Delivery Team including responsibility for monitoring, event management, job management, production application support, service desk L1.5
- Definition of service level agreements (SLAs) in relation to contracted services, ensuring the SLAs are achieved; service quality and client expectations are met or exceeded as well as profitable
- Support release and demand management activities and the project management of associated tasks
- Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are followed
- Manage the account relationship: The candidate must have experience managing client relationships with upper level IT management and executive end users
- Grow the business with the client: The candidate must have experience growing the book of business within an account.
- Produce management and account performance reports to an agreed schedule or upon request
- Attend client service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Maintain and improve utilization rates of staff within the Team whilst building-in scalability to enable growth
- Financial Account Management experience (A/R, profitability, etc.)
- Strong Project Management experience
- Ownership of issues up to resolution: Be a tenacious problem solver
- Review service failures and produce incident reports when required
- Produce and maintain service improvement plans
- Ensure appropriate documentation is in place for specific support requirements
- Organize and chair weekly/monthly/quarterly service review meetings as required
- Produce ad-hoc reports when required
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the staff to ensure Randstad Technologies and departmental standards for customer service are maintained
- Assess changes in workload, evaluate impact to service levels, and make recommendations as necessary
- Interview and hire staff, evaluate performance and recommend merit increases, assist in career development, and discipline employees as necessary up to and including termination. Identify training needs and coordinate training. Ensure each employee has the skills, training, equipment and tools necessary to provide a world-class level of service
- Responsible for managing employees Paid Time Off accrual balances, this includes reconciling all employees time and keeping a running up to date tracking total
- Create and maintain employee personnel records. This should include any verbal, written or action taken due to performance, or any reviews for employees
- Sets measurable goals and objectives and provides feedback at least twice a year
- Delivers a formal performance review at least once a year
- Responsible for keeping costs within outlined budget, identify areas for greater efficiencies
- Responsible for Forecasting OT and Cost of Service Desk. Required frequency may vary weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. Identify any report any influx of possible decrease or increase in cost or revenue
- The candidate must have demonstrated experience in an IT operations team managing, monitoring and supporting medium to large size engineering, administration, support, and operations teams in a distributed work environment. The team will provide remote/on-site support for a complex computing environment with a varied technology stack: Windows, Azure, Linux and iSeries.
- Graduate / Undergraduate degree within a technical discipline or 5+ years of relevant Information Technology experience.
skills: Tools / Skillset
- Understanding of key tools utilized in the delivery of services.
- ITSM: ServiceNow
- Monitoring Tools such as: PRTG, Nagios, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Tango4, NewRelic, Azure Insights
- Job management: JAMS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.