This is a great opportunity to build a career around within the latest networking technology! Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a new and groundbreaking technology to allow application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with creative ACI that radically simplifies, optimizes and accelerates the entire application deployment lifecycle. You will play a crucial role in helping customers solve problems.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is a new and groundbreaking technology to allow application requirements to define the network. Cisco transforms next-generation data center and cloud deployments with creative ACI that radically simplifies, optimizes and accelerates the entire application deployment lifecycle. You will play a crucial role in helping customers solve problems.
Who You'll Work With
On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most creative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills.
Who You Are
Get in on the ground floor of this newly formed Support group where you will support groundbreaking technology! In this role you will:
- You will interface internally with CSEs, SEs, NCEs, Technical Leaders and internal engineering departments.
- You will provide second/third level technical support for ACI and APIC technologies
- Apply your analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and software problems of moderate to high complexity.
- Provide technology/product training and intellectual property material as required
- Utilize moderate to complex lab setups to recreate and solve problems
- Expertise with Nexus, Catalyst or Layer 2 / 3 Switching and Routing protocols
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 1-2 years of customer support experience, including strong troubleshooting skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Working knowledge of Data Center industry, products and protocols
- HP, IBM, Dell Server Support, or certifications, MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE- VCP or CCNP/DCN
- Do you have great verbal and written
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network Engineer
- Data Center (2 years of experience is required)
- customer support (2 years of experience is required)
- Switches (2 years of experience is required)
- Routers (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.