Business Intelligence Specialist
Looking for a Business Intelligence Specialist for a two year contract with extensions in southern NJ.
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
Years of experience: 5
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Intelligence Specialist role will provide support to the Retail Deposit Payments group. The position will also work closely with senior management, the CDPP analytics team and other analytics teams throughout the organization. The person in this role will
- Work collaboratively with business partners to provide critical business insights for Debit, Prepaid and Emerging Payments products
- Identify opportunities to increase penetration, activation and usage for these transactions
- Create test and learn scenarios, execute, and measure the results
- Project support for ongoing initiatives
- Provide leadership and tactical direction in terms of identifying key business requirements with product partners and communicating those requirements
- Work with business partners to clearly identify key business drivers and the metrics used to measure these key business drivers.
- Summarize results / analysis for product partners and senior management providing insight and guidance in terms of strategic direction.
- Prepare periodic presentations for senior product management team.
- Highlight and explain emerging product trends / critical variances to prior reported and planned results.
- Streamline and improve existing reporting processes and identify the most efficient manner in which to achieve partner and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with data owners to identify the most efficient / reliable and cost effective methods of incorporating data into ongoing reporting / ad hoc analysis / campaigns.
- Manage the development of department standards while mitigating overall risk.
- Will represent the group on cross functional teams, coordinating work both within and outside of department
- Work with and leverage knowledge across other analytics teams.
- Purpose of this year is to take data and insight and convert that into measurable marking campaign (product role).
- Work autonomously and accountable for acting as a lead within a specialized BI & Reporting function and may provide work direction to others
- Provide seasoned specialized knowledge, advice, and/or guidance to various stakeholders and team members
- Manages communication at senior and executive level
- Work effectively across multiple business units with numerous stakeholders to deliver reporting and BI solutions
- ?Scope of role may have enterprise impact
- Generally focus on broad range of complex issues that may span from medium - long term issues (e.g. 6-12 months)
- Undertake and complete a variety of complex projects and initiatives requiring specialist knowledge and/or the integration of cross functional processes within own area of expertise
- Oversee and/or independently perform tasks from end to end
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
- 5+ years of relevant experience from a business administration, statistical, mathematical, scientific or financial background
- Proficient technical skills including a strong competency in SQL, SAS or other programming languages. Must have experience with MS Excel and MS Access and a variety of PC based analytical and reporting software packages.
- Advanced knowledge of various data sources, tools and technologies used in preparing summaries and reports
- Strong analytical and program solving skills are required to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Nice to haves:
- Strong Data / Analytics experience
- Product management and/or Payments experience
- Database Proficiency (SQL or SAS) - Tableau, Hadoop & BI tools a plus
Skills needed for submittals
skills: Skills needed for submittals
Any upcoming vacation plans?- Yes or no
a self-starter with strong leadership qualities- Yes or no
Excellent written & verbal communication skills- Yes or no
Has your candidate worked at our client as a Full Time employee?- Yes or no
Is this candidate required to give notice - Yes or no
Undergraduate degree- Yes or no
Advanced SAS OR SQL skills-Yes or no
Banking / Financial Industry Experience-years
Data Analytics Experience-years
Product Management experience-years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.