Sr. Security Engineer
We're seeking an IT Security Professional to ensure that our applications and infrastructure security is industry leading.
You are passionate about protecting applications, networks and services from being compromised and you are skilled at discovering unique threats, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will participate in security assessments, audits, remediation, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, security review and design on many elements of our client's systems.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership for delivery of comprehensive, validated cloud and on-prem security architectures
- Manage information security risk management processes, programs and strategies.
- Implement and model security practices for enterprise and cloud environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
- Identify technology gaps and deficiencies by conducting risk assessments; develop plans to remediate.
- Lead the planning, testing, tracking, remediation, and risk acceptance of existing and proposed technology.
- Ensure adequate compliance resources and training.
- Ensure the department's practices and procedures meet risk management policies/standards/procedures to detect and deter information technology and information security risks.
- Directs the activities of staff in accomplishing company business objectives. Set priorities, provide guidance, secure resources, interface with peers and senior leadership and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proactively foster the development of all team members.
- Drives security processes and procedures across development and operations teams
- Interact with technology teams to understand business imperatives, document policies, and generate security requirements
- Manage issue management activities and monitors remediation plans.
- Monitor and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs.
- Facilitate the completion of effective regulatory examinations and audit reviews of information risks, when required.
- Escalate emerging risks, non-compliance with policies/standards/controls, policy exceptions and risk tolerance breaches in a timely manner.
- Work and coordinate with management and department heads across the enterprise.
- A minimum of 4-6 years' experience in an enterprise security role
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a lead engineer or management role
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn and continue to maintain cutting edge skills and knowledge on a variety of technical areas (Unix/Linux, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, etc.).
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud-based environments (AWS, Openstack, VMware, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing risk management processes for the organization.
- Experience assessing and evaluating risk, as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines
- Expertise with IAM protocols such as OAuth2.0, OIDC, SAML 2.0, authorization policies (such as XACML)
- Have a sense of urgency in implementing programs and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented and practical.
- Willingness to challenge and question the status quo, making recommendations for options and best solutions.
- Be organizationally astute, with superior influencing, collaboration and communication skills.
- Personal presence, intellect, energy and drive to succeed in a high-performance environment.
- Able to analyze and think through highly complex issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.