Mid- Level Technical Writer
Our healthcare insurance client in beautiful downtown Washington, DC is looking for a mid-level technical wartier to support their Technology Quality Assurance center of excellence.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 44 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
3-5 Years Experience
- Bachelor of Science in English, Journalism, business, or a technical discipline (e.g., Information Systems, Applied Science, Operations Research)
- Experience as a Technical Writer producing documentation to support projects implemented using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with technical writing tools, applications, and workflows
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (in English)
- Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, training materials, etc.
- Experience developing and managing technical documentation review process steps
- Experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations
- Previous experience communicating complex concepts to multiple audiences.
Software & Tools:
(Preferred) RoboHelp or other CMS tools, SharePoint, MS Word, Snagit, PowerPoint, Outlook Excel, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, HP ALM & AGM
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.