Sr. IT Change Release Management Analyst
IT Release and Deploy Analyst Sr. (IT Change Release Management Analyst)
We have a contract assignment for an IT Release and Deploy Analyst on the Software Change Management Team. This team centralized services that are essential for application realization, resiliency, and risk mitigation. The mission of this centralized team is to implement successful configuration management processes in any development environment. The contractor serves as a single point of contact for source code management, build engineering, change control, release management, and deployment. The team ensures that changes are scheduled and managed to mitigate risk and deliver software changes on time and with high quality.
The contractor will be part of a team of 24 change management analysts supporting application service teams and project teams who are responsible for over 60 applications across all of IT. They will interact daily with release planners, developers, project managers, and service managers. The primary responsibility is to plan and perform software promotion to Development, QA, and Production environments. These will be done on both the distributed (server) and mainframe platforms. The promotions are executed both during and after normal business hours, with an occasional promotion on a weekend. For major projects, availability for support after the promotion is completed is expected (on-call type responsibility).
The person will get exposure to applications across all business units. It's a challenging role and one that is key for application elevates to Production, ensuring least impact and high quality to the day-to-day business.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 46 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Consult with project teams to design and gain consensus on deployment planning
- Gatekeeping change control that will impact Production (QA)
- Triage and resolve elevate issues in the environments
- Promotion of code/software to various environments
- Working knowledge of ITIL and industry standards, concepts, terminology, and common practices
- Working knowledge of Change and Release Management methods, tools, terminology and industry practices
- Excellent communication skills - listening, verbal and written - including meeting management and facilitation.
- Excellent customer service skills - servicing and interfacing with individuals across IT (customers) in different roles to coordinate/lead elevates for major projects as well as operational changes.
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to management multiple assignments and priorities successfully, delivering with high quality
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment, collaborating with others to establish common goals, including due dates.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to embrace assignment changes when needed.
skills: Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of Changeman (used for mainframe elevates)
- Proven experience with Remedy, including the Change Management feature
- Working knowledge of MS TFS
- Knowledge of the ProTools Application
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Information Technology, or related discipline (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Business Management) and a minimum of four years of work experience analyzing, planning and implementing business system changes.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of six years of related work experience analyzing, planning and implementing business system changes may be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.