* Align software test activities to meet Product Development Process schedules and follow C&F embedded software process, using best practices and tools
location: Dubuque, Iowa
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 38.51 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
* Plan, develop, coordinate, and perform testing on the bench and machine in alignment with other Product Verification &Validation activities, as well as lead software documentation design reviews
* Provide support to update and debug software on test tractors
* Develop setup and scripts for automated testing
* Work with 3rd party partners in the development and execution software testing, both manual and automatic.
Required Skills, Knowledge, & Relevant Work Experience (What It Takes)
We need a good communicator who is results driven and thrives on solving problems in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a BS in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Software Engineering.
In addition, we require:
* Engineering experience gained from projects, internships, or practical work experience.
* Ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions to technical problems
* Basic knowledge and understanding of electrical components
* Good organizational skills
* Positive and effective communication and team skills
* Adaptability to rapidly changing work environments
* Ability to learn to operate construction and forestry equipment to execute software tests.
* Ability to be self-directed and complete independent tasks efficiently.
* B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical or Software Engineering.
* MS in Engineering is a plus.
Desired Skills, Knowledge & Relevant Work Experience1+ year of experience required
A strong candidate will also have:
* Experience with embedded software testing, tools, and processes.
* Experience with data testing, tools, and processes.
* Experience in working with suppliers, partners and co-workers in the development of software
* Experience testing supplier software
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and suppliers
* Experience troubleshooting challenging problems
* Experience with electrical and electronic controls and components
* A basic knowledge of Controller Area Network (CAN) communications
* Experience in developing or using National Instruments software test tools
* Basic understanding of mechanical, hydrostatic, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic and powertrain systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.