Our client is currently seeking a Senior ETL Developer for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity located in Roseville.
location: Roseville, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Designs, develops, tests, documents, and explains the bank's data movement processes within the context of a team that is designing and implementing an integrated robust data warehouse. Works closely and cooperatively with business users (i.e. non-technical subject matter experts) and technical team members and vendors. Uses modern tools and standards when documenting business rules, data models and data flows. Uses strong understanding of dimensional and relational databases, including: stored procedures, constraints, normalization, indexes, and security.
Under general supervision - The employee receives general instructions regarding the scope of assignments but has considerable discretion in selecting the procedures and techniques that should be applied. The employee has flexibility in determining the priority and ordering of assignments. The employee is normally expected to competently resolve routine work problems and advise managers as to actions taken. Work is typically reviewed only upon completion.
The following job duties are considered essential to this position and can be amended by supervisor as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Major Accountabilities/Essential Duties:
- Develops data movement processes for the data warehouse. Includes preparing and executing thorough testing.
- Works closely with IT and business team members in the design and implementation of the data warehouse.
- Analyzes data structures in existing legacy systems in order to design extract, transform and load processes and data warehouse data structures.
- Makes recommendations, based on data profiling and data analysis, for changes to existing/legacy systems particularly in the area of automated data validations.
- Uses standard data modeling, data flow, and data documentation tools to analyze, document and present data analysis work.
- Works cooperatively with others to resolve data and process issues.
- Works with non-technical, subject matter experts to understand underlying data behavior and characteristics in ways that will be new for such non-technical people.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Expert knowledge of ETL development
- Expert knowledge of database stored procedures
- Expert knowledge of dimensional data modeling (E-R models, Star and snowflake models)
- Expert SQL skills
- Expertise in data warehousing
- Expertise in database partitioning
- Expertise in Linux/UNIX
- Experienced with Computer Architecture and data structures
- Experience with shell scripting
- Clear understanding of RDBMS fundamentals
- Understands data profiling and data analytics
- Understanding of object oriented programming
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field required with 8 years related experience including 3 years ETL development / data warehouse experience required and one year of ETL development experience preferred and experience with ETL tools like Informatica is preferred.
Extract transform and load (ETL) development, data modeling, data analysis, and database development experience required. The senior level must also have experience writing complex stored procedures, scheduling batch jobs, familiarity with the Unix/Linux operating system, and logging ETL metrics in an ETL framework. Familiarity with business intelligence tools such as with Business Objects, Tableau, SSRS or Cognos is highly desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.