job summary: Summary:
- CTO Enterprise Payments seeks a resource that is technical in nature/background and also possesses strong project management skills to help drive technology implementation projects.
- This person will be responsible for the on time/within budget, end to end delivery of the infrastructure (hardware/software). They will serve as primary contact to CTO Enterprise Payments senior management team for all project related questions.
- The resource will be responsible for interfacing with SMEs (Chief Engineers, System Admins, Build engineers, etc.) and management to drive project deliverables and will interact heavily with the application teams to coordinate shared deliverables, provide updates, and handle inquiries and issues.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Act in a project management role to manage small to large scale technology projects or multiple smaller scale projects through all stages of the life cycle, ensuring on-time, quality delivery.
- Has previous experience in technical role(s) i.e. System Administration (Linux, etc), Hardware/Server engineering, virtualization, etc.
- Leverages excellent written communications skills to complete project related documentation as well as present project status to senior level management.
- Assure project management methodology compliance through managing team efforts on the completion of required documentation.
- Work closely with application and infrastructure technology teams to gain consensus and approval of each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Manage stakeholder expectations as well as change control process and project budget.
- Understand all project issues and technical solutions.
- Coordinate system deployments with task such as Requirements Gathering, Estimation, Forecasting, Design and WBS management.
- The candidates must also show characteristics including strong work ethic; technical expertise; leadership; attention to detail; assertiveness and initiative.
qualifications: Required Skills:
- Strong project management and leadership qualities; accustomed to manage multiple projects at one time with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Multiple years of Technical background; experienced in broad range of technologies including databases, application servers, web servers, networking, virtualization
- Project management experience: managing project budgets, experience with work breakdown structures, integrated project planning and management, coordinating infrastructure and networking designs and deployment activities.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential.
- Ability to understand complex business problems with the ability to interpret business requirements, work flows, use cases and functional design and assist in technical requirements with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Multiple years of hands on project management experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
skills: Desired Skills:
- Previous Experience with Payment Networks (FirstData, WorldPay, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover etc.)
- Previous Experience in Infrastructure/Engineering/Sys Admin/Network technology
- Previous Experience as a Technical Project Manager
- Needs to have experience participating in scrum meetings and Agile PI Planning sessions
- Project Planning (WBS)
- Project Communication
- Up to 50% (depending on location)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.