In this role, the candidate will be responsible for supporting a small team (Early Threat Detection) in identifying threats and vulnerabilities to company products and users before they become significant issues. We help discover and mitigate threats to our products that, if undetected, could harm products, users, and company brand. We're focused on proactively identifying and surfacing abusive tactics, content, processes, and product features that contribute to system vulnerabilities, poor user experiences, and/or risk for the company.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 58 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This requires thinking creatively to develop and conduct tests focusing on user safety, simulating abuse attacks, mapping real user experiences, analyzing and identifying root-causes, and communicating findings in a concise but detailed way. This also requires more advanced technical skills, an analytic and curious mind, excellent communication, and a positive attitude to every task.
- Evaluate and validate vulnerability research from security researchers to identify risks to products and users.
- Conduct vulnerability testing across a broad range of Google products to identify threats to products and users.
- Report findings in a concise, systematic, and detailed process.
- Translate vulnerabilities into realistic and understandable risk.
- An ideal candidate would have: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Security or Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Two years of experience: communicating vulnerabilities and threats to technical and non-technical customers, threat modeling and/or in application-level vulnerability and/or penetration testing and exposing vulnerabilities in software products. Programming experience in Python, C/C++, Java, or Go.
- Experience using Vulnerabilty testing software like (Nessus, Burpsuite)
skills: Desired Skill/Experience
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or similar industry certification. Additionally, having someone with a demonstrated expertise with malware analysis would be useful.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.