Randstad Technologies is looking for a Software Test Engineer to join a top bio-tech company located in San Diego County. This is a great opportunity to work with a leading organization in the industry on cutting edge technology!
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Must be able to wear multiple hats with excellent communication skills.
- Will be working in cross-functional teams to lead the automated test scripting effort on multiple applications.
- Participate in scrum environment with daily standups, bi-weekly demos, and sprint planning meetings.
- Work with Automation engineers to build architecture for automation.
- Work closely with software developers, scientists and domain experts in understanding requirements of the software and translating test cases into automated test scripts.
- Work on manually executing test cases.
- Experience with programming languages including but not limited to - C/C++, C#, Python.
- Software Development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with web application development, Unix/Linux environments, software drivers, distributed and parallel systems, networking, database development, and/or security software development.
- Familiarity with SDLC.
- 1-3 years of experience writing automated test scripts on an agile software team or doing manual software testing. This could be undergraduate, internship or professional experience.
- Must have some internship experience. Experience with multiple internships is ideal.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of biology/genetics/NGS preferred, but not required
- Excellent cultural (fast-paced, collaborative, fun, adaptable) and technical fit a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.