job summary: Job Summary:
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development and testing of complex software to create custom solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and its customers. Assists Management in setting and communicating technical objectives and selection of tools and languages. This role requires in depth knowledge of relevant technologies in the development, automation and IoT space. The person in this role will act as a SME within the Digital Manufacturing & Automation group focused on development tasks in a fast paced environment using Agile methodology.
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and tests software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of the business and its customers, impacting the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives.
- Analyzes complex data to interpret business challenges and effectively leads the installation of new systems or the modification of existing systems for improved efficiency/effectiveness.
- Manages the software development lifecycle.
- Lead multiple large-scale software development projects
- Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
- Evaluates current or proposed software development projects and provides feedback on feasibility
- Partners with clients and cross-functional departments to lead projects, communicate project statuses and proposals with the business.
- Guides junior and senior programmers as they work with end-users and support staff in the development of functional and technical specifications; reviews completed specifications and recommends actions
- Monitors system performance, tests new software, and fixes complex bugs using analytical thinking, tools and judgement to identify innovative solutions.
- Assists upper management with creation & administration of corporate operating & capital budgets.
- Applies best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
qualifications: Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent STEM degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus on software design and programming.
- Experience in C, C#, Microsoft .Net
- Experience with common databases, Networking, Security Standards
- Experience with interfacing with common Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, Beckhoff, etc.
- Fluent in C, C #.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net or equivalent technology, experience developing, exposing and consuming web services
- Familiar with version control tools such as Git and Azure Dev Ops.
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple large-scale software development projects. This role includes establishing and communicating the project's technical direction
- Ability to work virtually in a global organization and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with high flexibility and rapid response time.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts; anticipate potential objections and influence others to adopt a different point of view.
- Awareness of all relevant SOPs as per company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description.
skills: Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in development of custom HMI/SCADA solutions for integration with manufacturing equipment
- Experienced with KepwareEX and communication protocols such as OPC DA/UA, MQTT, EUROMAP, MODBUS, Allen Bradley TCP/IP and Siemens TCP/IP
- Familiar with NoSQL, Microsoft SQL databases
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience developing software within a regulated manufacturing industry
10% - 15% global travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.