The Data Analyst is responsible for working with the Company's Data Architect and IT Management to achieve corporate goals and objectives. The Analyst acts as an advocate of data governance and data management best practices to ensure all data is defined and used consistently across all systems. The Data Analyst works within data modeling methodologies best practices, by strategically reviewing and creating data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. The Analyst provides technical support to the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including analysis, integration capabilities and database management.
location: Peoria, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Works closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities, including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades and the installation of new products
- A minimum of two years experience with SSRS and SSIS technologies
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Participates in the development of data centric strategies, solutions, and systems design
- Works within standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise
- Serves as a liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development, integration and governance teams
- Informs and interprets data project sponsors
- Must understand how data is, or will be used, and implication on people, processes, products and technology
- Model and develop OLAP cubes
- Leverage technical expertise of peers and external resources as needed to ensure high-quality, effective solutions are delivered.
- Authors technical and functional specifications associated with data Analysis and associated solutions.
- Works with the Database Administration team to design tables, queries, and packages to obtain information from and send information to remote databases
- Experience in complete life cycle of design, development and implementation of data warehousing projects including specifically designing enterprise data model; Creating OLAP Cubes, star schemas and data Analysis; logical and physical database design, reporting
- Proven Track record of successful data analysis solution delivery and involvement
- Working knowledge of fundamentals across data modeling and data analysis
- Strong understanding of Dimensional and Star Schema data modeling
- Strong understanding of Relational Database concepts including SQL.
- Thorough knowledge of data warehouse design and ETL Development methodologies and best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience delivering formal designs to teams of developers.
- Experience reviewing requirements with the business users and business analysts.
- Experience in presenting and demonstrating solutions to clients
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
skills: Complex SQL queries, complex joins and building data flows.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.