IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager (IT Manager)
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) within the IT department is seeking a contractor to fill a Project Manager assignment with experience leading large scale projects in IT
We prefer candidates with a minimum of 8 plus years of experience leading IT projects.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Candidates will have a proven track record and examples of:
Leadership Skill Competencies:
- Results Oriented: Managing quality, cost and speed of IT projects. Delivering with high quality and achieving planned durations are critical.
- Highly Collaborative: Building an inclusive, high-trust, productive team.
- Customer Engagement: Engaging and managing all relationships from within Technology Services, EPMO, Enterprise IT teams (sponsor, developers, architect, QA) and Business sponsors.
- Effective stakeholder engagement: Detailed, immediate establishment of high-trust relationships. Maintain consistent communication both formally with reports and informally, by becoming a trusted advisor.
- Strong Communicator and Influencer: Great communication and motivational skills to manage a large, diverse team. Present and facilitate meetings to management, stakeholders, teams.
Technical Project Management Competencies:
- Scale: Management of small, medium projects (ask for budget, team size and scope). Candidate to provide details in resume or summary.
- Type: Infrastructure or Application Development
- Methodologies: Waterfall or Agile (SDLC) or Scrum
- Tools: MS Project, MS SharePoint, TFS
- Certifications: CAPM, PMP, Scrum (CSM, CSP)
- Planning: Specific examples in defining, estimating, scheduling, updating and reporting project deliverables and resources in a detailed fashion using a PM tool such as MS Project.
- Scope: All phases of project management from HLP (High Level Planning) to Execution to Roll-out. Must have managed at least one large project for a full cycle.
- Management: Working with stakeholders to help define and manage project scope.
- Risk management: Foreseeing risk and its impact to team members and project. Reporting formally and communicating to appropriate managers.
- Metrics: Formal reporting of risk management, measuring of baselines, budget, resource planning, and quality. Performance metrics and accountability: Burn down charts.
- Work force management: Formally managing a diverse team. Responsible for tracking of all time.
- Vendor management: SOW (statement of work), contract negotiation, POC (proof of concept).
- 3rd Party management: Remote resources, consultants.
- Change management: Implementation of large projects and the impact of environmental and cultural changes.
- Create and maintain artifacts: Project plans, schedules, budgets, risk, communication plans, status reports.
- Adaptive: Flexibility in assignments, teams. Open to movement and change within the EPMO.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or Business discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Business Management) and a minimum two years of work experience leading or managing professionals or project delivery.
- In lieu of degree, a minimum four years of work experience leading or managing professionals or project delivery may be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.