job summary: Essential Functions:
- Design, develop and test program functionality for new and existing application or programmed solutions assigned by IS management
- Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages
- Lead in the development of functional specifications, which articulate clear and concise project deliverables consistent with the user expectations.
- Creates functional specifications for Internet and web-based projects.
- Assist in performing technical services necessary to support the continuous delivery of service including; applications use auditing, project tracking, database administration, data dictionary generation, development of software utilities, and application development procedures
- Devising possible solutions to anticipate problems
- Writing detailed documentation for the operations of program by operations group and development support.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s).
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to work independently while remaining a strong and collaborative team member.
- Deadline driven and has the ability self prioritize work based on business need
qualifications: Job Competencies:
- Programming experience in a Microsoft development environment utilizing .NET (ASP, VB, and C #), Visual Basic, C# and Visual Studio on the Web and Windows platforms.
- Direct experience working in an Agile environment and other SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand root cause
- Ability to develop requirements for applications based on user input and needs.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access, database design and client-server concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation. Must enjoy working with users.
skills: Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, software engineering, or mathematics.
- Posses an understanding of business management
- 2-3 years of software programming experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.