Randstad is supporting a client who is looking for a Lead Computer Vision Engineer to support a computer vision powered industrial manufacturing safety system. This system is designed to mitigate unsafe behavior and prevent accidents before they have a chance to even happen.
Our ideal engineer has a deep interest in computer vision powered technology and the curiosity to drive new and innovative technologies.
If that sounds like you, please read on.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $170,000 - 185,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Help build and lead a team of experienced research scientists and engineers to research, design, implement and evaluate Dl/CV models for safety applications
- Help architect and end to end DL/CV system that operates at global scale. 2+ years of prior experience developing DL/CV systems at scale highly preferred
- Work closely with back/front end and engineering teams to drive scalable, production-ready implementations
- Collaborate with teams across the company and serve as an internal expert on technical issues
- Document technical work as part of the product development process
- Support patent application publishing process
- Contribute to our evolving cloud infrastructure, data engineering pipeline, and analysis stack
- Contribute to our data strategy design and implementation
- Identify technical challenges, define requirements and prioritize efforts
- Assist with defining requirements and architectures for next-generation computer vision/ machine learning products
- Contribute to scientific software engineering efforts, utilizing professional coding standards and participating in reviewing PRs
- Contribute data enrichment and data monetization process
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Physics OR related master's degree and +10 years relevant data science work experience
- Previous experience in DL/CV products is required
- Experience with sensor-fusion highly desirable
- An understanding of SLAM/Location technologies helpful
- An understanding of cloud based vs. edge compute-based AI-architectures helpful
- Machine Learning Experience: classification, regression, clustering; Demonstrated ability to apply deep learning and convolutional neural network approaches for machine learning problems
- Algorithms: Fundamental data types (stacks, queues, etc.); Sorting algorithms (quicksort, mergesort, etc.); Dynamic programming
- Strong communication skills to work with stakeholders, team members and other engineering team colleagues
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python and capability in writing production level code. Experience in using Tensorflow or Pytorch or Caffe or Keras are needed
- Familiarity with collaborative software engineering practices, including version control (Git), code reviews, JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with cloud computing and developing cloud-based APIs
- Ability to architect and implement computer vision solutions with specific skills mentioned in rows above; Strong foundation in machine learning, mathematics, statistics, with demonstrated professional or academic experience
- Ability and Willingness to travel up to ~10% of time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.