We are seeking a strong Java developer to join a brand new team here in Pittsburgh for a full time role. Contact us today for more information!
location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Analyze, design, develop, test, and debug web based multi-tier database-driven Java applications and components to support business requirements. Testing is inclusive of automated testing as part of an automated test suite which has been adopted by the development team.
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver technical solutions.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Develop and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability. Applications may have performance SLAs that must be met.
- Create and maintain technical and knowledge base documentation.
- Diagnose problems, troubleshoot, and develop technical solutions.
- Solve problems independently with minimal technical or managerial guidance.
- Support production issues as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4-7 years of related experience including:
- Application web development with core Java frameworks and integration as well as backend data services using Java API Web Services.
- Java programming, hands-on professional software development, hands-on PL/SQL, and experience with building applications using an end-to-end application framework and Java EE technology.
- Agile/Scrum procedures and processes.
- Production support experience in an application development environment.
- MVC frameworks and multi-tier architectures.
- Java EE application server.
- Oracle Database experience
- 4-7 years of related experience with WebLogic application server, Spring Batch frameworks and multi-tier architectures.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Spring and Hibernate.
- XML and Web Service application development.
- Java J2EE
- PL/SQL & SQL
- Working in large data centric application environment and detailed understanding business tier modeling, data flows, data architecture and real-time/batch-based processing.
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) and related components.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Access Manager.
- Experience in developing cloud-based applications using open source technology, containers, and microservices.
- Experience with software such as Snowflake, Snap Logic, master data management tools, Docker, Kupernetes, or AWS products.
- Experience with migrating applications from on premise data center to cloud infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience PL/SQL Development.
- Knowledge embedded SQL.
- Familiarity with a UNIX environment; Linux preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.