Design, build and maintain SQL server environment. Works with Systems Engineers to ensure consistent high levels of performance, redundancy and availability. Ensures thorough and positive communications.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
· Responsible for all backend application integration, including SQL databases, database redundancy and failover, workflow processes, and data feeds for all our applications.
· Coordinates problem resolution, as necessary, with vendors and staff.
· Monitors systems performance and capacity, identifies, tests and coordinates network improvements/upgrades and verifies results.
· Ensures adequate security exists.
· Keeps manager informed about problems and recommends and implements solutions.
· Prepares regular status reports for manager regarding progress towards achievement of objectives.
· Researches and recommends new products and methodologies to management.
· Maintains cordial, open line of communications with users regarding issue remediation they are involved with
· Performs special assignments as required.
· Develops required skills through continued self-development on the job as well as formal educational opportunities.
· Acts as team leader on designated projects.
· May be asked to assist end users by helping to identify and resolve problems.
· May be asked to train users in how to use various software packages they have helped implement.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Five or more years in information systems with specific concentration on server-oriented responsibilities, including Windows 2003-2016, Windows 10, and Exchange.
· High level of knowledge on Windows OS - Windows 10 through Server 2016
· High level of knowledge on all versions of SQL from 2008-SQL 2017
· Knowledge and experience in designing and building SQL Clustered environment including:
· OS install and configuration
· Windows cluster setup
· SQL cluster setup
· Monitoring and maintenance of the above
skills: Communication Skills
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions.
· Ability to prepare clear, concise documentation and procedures.
· Ability to present ideas through verbal and written communications.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize several projects at the same time while achieving accuracy.
· Must be able to hit deadlines in a highly driven department.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with other and get along with many diverse personalities.
· Ability to represent the Firm in a tactful, mature and flexible manner.
· Willing to be flexible with schedules, duties and responsibilities in a changing work environment.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, nights and weekends if needed.
· Able to work in a team and alone.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.