We are looking for a talented and self-motivating Java Developer with a minimum of 5 years' experience to be a member of InfoNAV team.
The position is primarily responsible for development of business-critical applications using the latest Java/JEE and Web technologies. This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle - i.e. more broadly then in a pure development role.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Add extensive tests for all functionality developed - utilize detailed and thorough practices including negative testing, testing of boundary conditions, etc., and work collaboratively with business areas to support UAT testing.
- Java - must have strong experience in Java
- Spring/JEE platform - must have experience with Spring (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) or JEE platform (CDI, JPA, EJB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- SQL - must be able to write simple to moderate complexity SQL queries
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, OpenJPA)
- Experience with frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and knowledge (Jenkins, Hudson, maven)
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analyzing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues)
- Experience with Unix platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with message queue brokers (WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ)
- Prior experience with Tomcat
- Experience with databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Must understand basic principles of data modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.