Tired of moving and changing jobs every 6 to 12 months as an IT Contractor?
We have a multi-year opportunity in Austin Texas for a Senior Level Node Platform Services Engineer on our Scrum team!
We need you to be a part of our scrum team supporting our client in Austin, Texas!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering, in this position you will build new applications in a micro-service architecture and support maintenance, technical change implementation, and improvements in existing applications for our clients. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, resourceful, and have excellent skills working with a team. We are looking for an individual who is able to understand and build web service API frameworks and work to improve complex interfaces and front end facing employee and customer software. On a daily basis, you will collaborate with our engineering and QA teams to help drive best practices and work towards issue resolution.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Evaluate, implement and manage business entitlements and back-end interfaces w/ 3rd party systems.
- Oversee systems analysis by providing recommendations and assessments.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance of operating systems, software application and systems security.
- Design and document configurations and maintenance procedures.
- Provide technical support for our production support and product teams.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues and apply that knowledge to API application development.
- 1+ year of Ruby experience
- Experience w/ unit testing and TDD/BDD
- Write maintainable code in a functional style
- Work productively in a dynamic/agile environment
- Take ownership of your work
- Contribute to design and architecture decisions
skills: Ideal Experience:
- NodeJS experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- Azure DevOps and CICD experience
- Nginx and/or Apache experience
- Knowledge on Current Scripting languages, tools, and methodologies
- Linux server experience
- JIRA and Git experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.