Lead BI Developer
BI Developer Ld. (Data Engineer)
The Digital Marketing team has an assignment for a contractor to fill a Data Engineer role (aka: BI Developer Lead).
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $64 - 74 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- As a Data Engineer you will develop cost-effective decision-support performance monitoring dashboards/scorecards or predictive analytics applications for business related problems by creating new or enhancing and maintaining existing applications.
- You will make recommendations for the best way to proceed with enhancement and/or modification taking it from concept to implementation by using various techniques (e.g. rapid prototyping). In addition, you will write or modify code for decision-support solution development and/or modifications including, but not limited to, compiling the code; copying, creating and altering files and workspaces while considering refactoring needs and other technical faculties for programming purposes.
- You will also participate in the formation of business plans and forecasts and provide answers to questions about business data to appropriate business units; therefore, strong verbal and written communications are required. In addition, you'll build internal Consumer Marketing Data Mart, bringing in demographic data and credit variables on prospects on all US households.
- You will develop an internal dashboard/data mart to be used by analysts including but not limited to the Media team. You will develop a long-term big data strategy and tools (i.e. Cloud, Hadoop).
In addition to the above Business requirements, you will also do two things: (1) Increase analyst output by eliminating the inefficiencies resource drain from analysts ETL and (2) provide back up (business continuity) for the existing BI Developers. You will code SSIS packages, API interfaces and Big data cloud infrastructure to replace existing SAS ETL, develop and maintain data warehousing and support the design-development-testing-implementation of new/existing BI applications.
This team works with rapid development, so Data Engineers in this role will need to be flexible in their development and execution of their artifacts. This role requires a good deal of flexibility in the context of process adherence and a good deal of independent thinking, collaboration, and self-sufficiency.
Data Engineers accustomed to strict adherence to application development protocols may find this role and team environment challenging. Data Engineers accustomed to flexibility, adaptability, and creative thought in the context of development and execution will fare well in this role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in developing for Analytic workloads with AWS Services such as S3, Lambda, EC2, EMR, Aurora, RedShift etc. or with any public cloud technologies
- Ability to exhibit programming experience / skill in Python, Scala, or Java (Experience with more than one language is a plus)
- Ability to exhibit experience with MPP databases (e.g. Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc) as a heavy user or developer
- Experience designing and implementing very large datasets
- Working knowledge of application development life cycle, and programming languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; time management and organizational skills
skills: Preferred Skills:
- SQL Server a big plus (SSIS, SSRS, PDW)
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Information Systems and/or Traditional Sciences/Math a plus
- Big Data experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology or Business discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, MIS, Business Management) and a minimum of 6 years designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years related work experience with working knowledge of designing/developing, programming and supporting software programs/applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.