job summary: ASAP Start Responsibilities
- Work with internal tech and Operation teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Participate in discovery sessions and define scope, objectives and key participants in project charter
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 29 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Extract and clearly define technical specifications which can be mapped to requirements and scope
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience as a technical writer
- Strong MS Office skills and ability to produce technical documentation; programming skills are an asset
- Understand business language and able to interface succinctly with technology partners as well as business partners, able to disseminate difficult and technical points to non-technical audience. Financial experience preferred.
- Understand technical systems and software support for system modification, implementation, or conversion
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Great analytical skills. Ability to deep dive into complex details and resolve issues.
- Experience of working with AGILE methodology of software development.
- Ability to prioritize, adjust, and push for completion of multiple tasks in a fast paced organization.
- Ability to problem solve, apply reason, take initiative, use judgment, and perform multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience with business software, databases, and web-based applications
- Experience with API documentation
- Passion for translating complex concepts into digestible documentation.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to produce and review documentation
- Experience working with and maintaining knowledge bases and documentation repositories
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.