The Data Engineer will need to ensure security of data by maintaining the integrity and performance of data feeds and guaranteeing that data is stored securely and optimally.
- ETL and SQL experience; Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs, Expertise in performance tuning of SQLs - Experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Azure-based analytics platform, and Visual Studio is preferred
- Programming experience; Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages is a plus
- Programming experience in building high quality software in Java, Python or Scala preferred
- BI and data visualization tools. Power BI experience preferred
- Expertise working with structured data, applying methods, technologies and techniques that address data architecture, integration and governance of data.
location: Union, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 46 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Leads the selection, implementation, architecture and maintenance of our data warehouse and analytics platform and BI tools.
- Takes end-to-end responsibility for design, build, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines from a variety of data sources
- Designs, constructs, installs, tests and maintains highly scalable data management systems
- Employs a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Installs and updates disaster recovery procedures.
- Recommends ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Analysis (3 years of experience is required)
- SQL (3 years of experience is required)
- Business Intelligence (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.