A client of ours in San Antonio, TX is looking for a Systems Engineer (Server/Network) for a 14 month contract opportunity.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- this key role is responsible for aligning with the business integration and technical execution of initiatives and projects
- accountable for working with business units, project teams and internal/external stakeholders to determine the best manner to implement technical requirements and solutions while focusing on craftsmanship and high availability
- Provides knowledge and expertise in a broad spectrum of technologies including servers, storage, backup systems, networking, and security at a Tier 3 level.
- Serves as an escalation point for technical issues related to new initiatives and to the operational infrastructure already in place as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field of study and minimum 5 years IT Experience, OR 10 years equivalent experience and knowledge
- 5 or more year's experience in a technically diverse support environment
- 5 or more year's experience supporting three or more of the following technical disciplines: virtual environments, network storage, cisco networking, security, telephony, SQL, server level system administration
- Experience working with 3rd party vendor support.
- Strong general knowledge of Microsoft, VMWare or Cisco standards and products.
- Broad knowledge of Information Technology environments, support and technologies
- Extensive (Tier 3 Level) knowledge of at least 2 technologies including: server, network, storage, backup, and security
- Strong documentation skills
- Quick learner and able to step in and hit the ground running; doesn't require hand holding
- Quick thinker who is resourceful and can think outside of the box
- Ability to speak to resume and experience in detail
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.